Officers. The Association shall have the following officers, to be elected by a majority of the Voting Members attending the Annual Conference. Only those members qualified as Active Members may hold office
- A President, who shall call the Annual Conferences of the Members and the Executive Committee and such other meetings of the Members and Executive Committee, as he or she considers appropriate. She or he shall preside at all meetings of the Members and the Executive Committee. The President shall, subject to the direction of the Executive Committee, be the chief executive officer of the Association. He or she shall exercise general supervision and direction over the business and affairs of the Association, and shall do and perform such other duties as from time to time may be assigned to her or him by the Executive Committee. He or she shall be the primary spokesperson of NACUC.
- A Vice President, who shall take over the duties of the President in his or her absence and may represent NACUC at related organizations' gatherings (i.e., Hillel, NCMA, ACURA). The Vice President shall write letters of appreciation to Executive Committee members whose tenure expires that year and shall at the Annual Meeting honor the appropriate positions (i.e., outgoing President, lifetime members, Executive officers). The Vice President shall be responsible for coordinating external fundraising efforts and researching grant sources. The Vice President shall chair the Nominating Committee and the Larry Green Committee.
- A Conference Coordinator, who shall plan the national conference of the Association to be held two years from the date of the Coordinator's election. During the Coordinator's third year, he/she shall serve as an advisor to the current Conference Coordinator.
- An Association Secretary, who shall keep an accurate record of the proceedings of the Annual Conferences of the Association and of its Executive Committee, and carry out such duties as the Executive Committee may delegate. The Association Secretary shall also serve as the Association Historian.
- A Membership Secretary, who shall coordinate membership efforts, correspond with Association Members, keep an accurate list of dues-paying Members of the Association and be responsible for the collection of the annual dues on behalf of the Treasurer.
- A Treasurer, who shall render to the Executive Committee an annual fiscal report at the June Executive meeting and an annual fiscal report the the Annual Meeting of the full Association. He or she shall conduct a financial assessment during the middle of his or her tenure (5 years) and at each transition between treasurers. He or she shall keep current the articles of incorporation (registered in Connecticut). The treasurer shall be required to be bonded (Art 3.1.e.).
- Two New Member Representatives, each elected on alternate years, whose duties shall be to maintain contact with new members attending the annual conference at which they were elected, to represent and serve as a voice for these persons on the Executive Committee, and to evaluate the Annual Conference from the perspective of new participants.
- The Executive Committee may appoint an Executive Director whose duties shall be defined by the Executive Committee.
Term of Office.
- The President and the Vice President shall be elected for a term of one year and shall be eligible for re-election after the lapse of one year.
- The Association Secretary shall be elected for a term of two years and may succeed himself or herself once.
- The Membership Secretary and Treasurer shall be elected for terms of five years, and shall be eligible to succeed themselves.
- The Conference Coordinators shall be nominated and elected as follows: A new Conference Coordinator shall be elected every year for a term of three years.
- The New Member Representatives shall be nominated and elected as follows: A new Member Representative shall be elected every year for a term of two years. The nomination of this position shall be made by new Members prior to the annual business meeting by those new Members attending the Annual Conference and submitted to the annual business meeting for election.
- The term of office of newly elected officers shall commence at the summer meeting of the Executive Committee following their election. Officers shall continue to serve in office until their successors’ terms commence or until they are removed from office.
- The Incorporator of the Association shall appoint, as initial officers, a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Association Secretary, Membership Secretary, Historian, and New Member Representative, who shall serve until the first election of officers pursuant to Article II of these Bylaws.